The Lair

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Wild Wild West or Hellevoet as most call it?

What is happening in the world if Hellevoetsluis is called wildwest??


Wildwest in Hellevoetsluis
HELLEVOETSLUIS - De politie heeft maandag na een dolle achtervolging, compleet met opzij springende voetgangers en een schietende agent, een 27-jarige man uit Spijkenisse aangehouden. De man was eerder op de dag betrokken bij een mishandeling in een restaurant aan het Zuidfront en reed daarna weg in een gestolen auto.
Hij negeerde even later een stopteken van een politieauto en probeerde een afzetting te omzeilen door over fietspaden en trottoirs te rijden. Daarbij moesten voetgangers opzij springen om niet geraakt te worden. Onderweg ramde hij ook nog een politiewagen.
Vervolgens reed hij in op een uitgestapte agent, die daarna een schot loste op de auto van de verdachte. De dollemansrit eindigde uiteindelijk tegen een boom op de Kooilaan.
De Spijkenisser raakte niet gewond. De politie had wel schade: een agent raakte lichtgewond en een aantal politiewagens had blikschade.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:21 pm, Blogger Nancy said…

    Ah, so that's what happened! I'm not sure from which road he came, but I think I just missed him when I came back from grocery shopping. You see, I drove down the Vloedlijn and up the Dennenspanner bump and as I was parking on 'my' spot next to the garbage container, traffic come to an abrupt stop on the Vloedlijn.
    I didn't see or hear anything really while I was in the car (music...), but I could see lots of cops and other people running up and down the crossing with the Kooilaan when I got out.

    When Maurice came home about an hour later, traffic was still blocked on one side of the road and slowly driving on the other I think? He said there was a car parked into a tree, but I had no idea that there was this whole story to it!

    Do you think I need to get my pink cowgirl hat out of storage?! ;)

     
  • At 5:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were parking on your spot...next to the garbage container?
    That's no way to speak of young Maui's car...

    Surely!

     
  • At 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yep, you sure live in a dangerous town.... ;)

    I kept wondering why Mark moved away, with all that's been going on in Hellevoetsluis.

    But great to hear you all survived the excitement etcetera!

     
  • At 5:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my car isnt garbage , even if its been three times in the garage this month .... its just .... a challenged vehicle :)

    Maui

     

Post a Comment

<< Home