The Lair

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Love is a force of nature



When great changes occur in your life and you're desperately trying to keep a grip on it all, you can find yourself in a situation you normally wouldn't have dreamt of being in.
A situation that might free you from the life you're in right now, change your whole existence as you know it.

Take last night for example:
It's a friday night, nothing much seems to be going on. Friends are off to a birthday party and I'm keeping myself busy, reading The Alchemwhich wich was recommended to me as a must read book by someone who's got a birthday coming up, real soon.
It starts of with a boy called Santiago, his sheep and an abandoned church. Of course a lot more happens, but I seem to be watching the clock. Minutes pass by, Santiago's still with his sheep heading of to see about a girl. Still watching the clock, minutes turn to a hour.
It's a friday night, nothing much seems to be going on, But why not?? It's friday. Can I be sitting in on friday night? No, and I mean No!
The decision is fast, not furious but definitely exciting. On go the shoes, no coat needed, just a hint of perfume and I'm ready for action.
Before you can say helleback mountain, I'm out the door and on my way for an expotition. I climb in the Tracy mobile, click on the stereo for some seriously cool Jason Donovan tunes and I'm all set to cruise.




Down the amnesty international lane, left toward the vesting. Jason singing, listen to the rhythm of the falling rain, me singing louder than Jason. Through the vesting gates, passed the church. Jason singing, any dream will do, me still singing louder. Passed the gemeente house, to my left the broodjesshop and WOAH baby who's that gorgeous creature in the pink Beetle?
I look at her, she looks at me. A headbob is exchanged (Lately I've been hearing a lot about an indian headbob, so it might 've been one of those). The moment passes, I'm already over the bridge, to the left, heading towards the wee beach. But wasn't she gorgeous? Sure there are nice looking girlies out there, but gorgeous one's? and why is my heart beating so fast?
It's been weeks since my last lesbian feelings for the jogger with the pink scarf. I'm puzzled at the reoccurence of these feelings, still my heart beats faster. I decide to ignore whatever it was and to concentrate on the wonderful vesting feeling instead, when two headlights come up from behind. As I swerve to the right to let them pass I spot a touch of pink. It's the gorgeous creature in the beetle! She overtakes me and as she passes I look at her and she looks at me. Our eyes lock, my heart beats faster and faster. I'm sure there's a connection. Another headbob is exchanged (maybe even another indian one at that).
To hard to ignore this feeling is, so I cruise after the creature in the pink beetle.
Down passed the lammies we cruise, left toward the dam. We pass the main parkinglot, but keep going up toward Helleback mountain.
At the top of Helleback mountain we stop. The Tracy mobile faces the pink beetle.
The gorgeous creature looks at me, I look at her. The headbob is exchanged, my fate is sealed.
As I get out of the Tracy mobile and head toward the gorgeous creature in the pink beetle I can't help but wonder, what shade of pink the beetle is?
The car door opens, I get in, I look at her, she looks at me, our hands touch and at that instance I know, Resistance is Futile.
Hearts beat faster, windows steam up and just as words are rendered useless there's a tap on the window. I roll down the window to find a police woman shaking her head. For a moment I feared for my life. What if this is one of those anti lesbian trigger happy police chicks? Then I realized this police woman must know her head shaking might be misconstrued as a sexy headbob musn't she?
My hunch is confirmed, more people know about Helleback mountain.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now...

    That is a surprising twist to any plot!

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Nancy said…

    Hmmm, I was with you on the pink scarf-jogging babe... I'll try to stay clear of pink Beetles... :)

    Thanks for the link btw!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home