The Lair

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A tale of unbounded happiness in Hellevoet

This tale starts off at the moment I arrive home after conquering a fiery Hellevoet sized gale force wind & drizzle. (because everyone knows, I drink Pina Colada's ..but never get caught in the rain). And it must be a good 20 meter from the car to the front door..:)

As I enter the house a sense of excitement hangs in the air.
This sense of excitement could be explained by mum racing across the room to inform me (in a very excited high pitched tone) that a wee parcel has arrived.
A wee parcel from India. A wee parcel from Mark in India. A wee parcel from Mark in India for me!!
Ooooehh..a wee parcel (yes, my thoughts exactly) a wee parcel for me, how marvelous is this?!
As you can imagine I get very excited when wee parcels arrive for me..very excited indeed.





Now this isn't just any wee parcel.
This wee parcel is wrapped in cotton..wrapped in cotton I tell you.
Wrapped in cotton with no opening anywhere at all..AT ALL..I tell you.
But a wee parcel is a wee parcel, and definitely needs to be opened.
As I cut the cotton wrapping of, a wee wooden box appears.
Now this isn't just any wee wooden box.
This is a wee wooden box with no opening anywhere at all.. AT ALL.. I tell you.
I know, I know, you're thinking: but a wee wooden box is a wee wooden box and definitely needs to be opened..but I wonder....
Does it need to be opened? For it as no opening anywhere at all..AT ALL.. I tell you.
And as I stand contemplating what bad karma I might bring over myself if I open what very well could be pandora's box, mum grabbes it from my hand and starts shaking it about..rather roughly I might add.
And then.. I am informed (all in the same exicited high pitched tone of course) there is definitely something in the wee wooden box.
A wee wooden box could be pandora's box, but a wee wooden box with something in it is a wee wooden box with something in it and definitely needs to be opened.

But how? you ask yourself..for this wee wooden box with something in it, has no opening anywhere at all..AT ALL.. I tell you.
So for want of anything better..I get out the biggest, most baddest & boldest of kitchen knives and start hacking away.
Karma sharma I think.. it's a wee wooden box, a wee wooden box with something in it..something for me..something I needs..something precious..MY PRECIOUS!
Is this hacking away with the biggest most boldest of kitchen knives getting me anywhere?
No I tell you, and I mean NO!
As Yoda would say: "hard to get open the box is".

After what seems like hours, but were probably minutes I hear a wee snap and open pops the wee wooden box.
A feeling of sheer unbounded happiness soars through me as I discover another wee parcel in the wee wooden box. Gently wrapped inside the wee wooden box is, what can best be described as a wee elephanty buddha thingie. A wee elephanty buddha thingie for me!!
As I later discover, this wee elephanty buddha thingie is called Ganesh. (yes, well we can't all be smarty pants, can we?!)



As mum and I both stare at wee Ganesh, and marvel at how happy a wee cotton wrapped, wooden box with something precious in it can make you feel, I find myself thinking,
Mark's done it again.
He's brightened up my world

Thanks!






5 Comments:

  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Nancy said…

    Now that's what I call a very good first post!

    What a nice surprise on my bloglines today!

    And I agree, although he and I don't always get along: he sure does great as your big brother...

    Hope to see more soon! Perhaps this writing thing runs in the family? ;)

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A wee parcel for a wee girl with a big heart!

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Difficult not to laugh at the hacking it is!

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Lazytracy said…

    Puleeezzee...

    Slide it open?
    You think I didn't think of something simple like that??
    (just going to check..this box of unopenness!!)

    uh..oh..shit..hacked open my protector!! Think that might be bad karma after all..:)

     
  • At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go, Tracy!

    Nice to know, Mark's present arrived..... wrapped in cotton. Beats my expectations ;)

    When will you post your next blog about a high tea ? Must set a date for the Hague!

    Just survived a week hospital and a computercrash, so let's mail?

    Grtz!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home