The Lair

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Vote for the quote ..

Okay, it's that time of the week again.
Time for me to share a quote.

To be honest, if you'd asked me yesterday, you would have definitely had a quote full of happiness and inspiration, but after the day I've had, that would seriously be pushing it.

There are day's, you wake up and think, Yeah.. ain't life grand?
But you also have days, like today, when you wake up and think, or in my case try to think but just can't, so you groan, you try to move, you groan some more, you try to swallow and realize you're throat has died, you groan some more, the coughing starts, will it ever end?, you groan some more and then you realize you're gonna be late for work, and even more groaning follows.

So, I can tell you're wondering, what makes today so much less inspirational than yesterday?
Well let me tell you. After dragging my sorry ass out of bed, trying to swallow some more, notice that bob the builder has moved in overnight and has started construction somewhere between my tongue and my lungs, ( but who the hell cares what he's started?, when's he gonna finish??) I head of to work.
I know, WORK, isn't life just dreadful :)

After 45 minutes of ignoring bob the builder in my troat and all the idiots on the road out there I finally get to work, to discover my colleague is sick and I'll be working alone today.
I think the best cause of action is to bribe one of my clients to get the lunch shopping for me (don't worry, it was a good bribe, seriously good, trust me, I don't feel guilty about this one teensy weensy wee bit, at all I tell you), but somewhere out there, there must be god or some such thing, who does decide that the bribing of clients is out of the question, for only seconds later, whilst helping a client out of his coat I pull my hand back and SMACK (yes, a smack, not a little bump, but a full sized smack) the back of it against a metal table turning thingie... OUCH.. seriously painful, let me tell you.
So, with a hand thumping with pain I try to get a mug out of the cupboard to pour some coffee, but god or some such thing must have decided a thumping hand is not enough of a punishment for bribing clients, so to even the score a bit more, he ( I think this god or some such thingie has to be male) slammes the cupboard door against my head and creates mount everest at the back of it. (clients seemed to think I myself slammed the cupboard against my head? Who would do such a thing to themselves?)

So, to sum it all up, I have one bribed client, one seriously ticked of male god or some such thingie, bob the builder in my throat, a thumping hand and mount everest on my head, which I think is enough reason for a less inspirational quote today!!



Just a wee pic, to show you, the sorry state I'm in. Feel free to call me little miss whoopsydaisy from now on.

Anybody out there wish to disagree?? Please, let me know, and I'll let the male god or some such thingie know where to go after he's finally finished with me. :)

Ah, Finally, the quote for today:
- The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing

Hopefully there is someone out there with a quote a bit more uplifting?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 pm, Blogger Nancy said…

    "The things which hurt, instruct."

    Oh, sorry... You asked for uplifting :)

    "I'm not into working out.
    My philosophy: No pain, no pain."

    Hmm... funny, but not exactly what we're looking for here...

    "Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you."

    Well... we all know what a brave little thing you are! So maybe you had it coming? :)

    "Take away my capacity for pain and you rob me of the possibility for joy."

    Ah, so tommorrow will be better, I guess! Joyfull things to come!





    Want to borrow a helmet and padding? ;)

     
  • At 4:01 pm, Blogger Lazytracy said…

    I'm a brave wee thing?
    Going by your quote, does that mean I've had a ton รณ shit over me in my life? :)
    But it doesn't mention if the shits over when you've become a brave wee thing?
    I think we'll just asume that.

    Because today is the start of the end for Bob the builder..:) Die Bob Die.. Or in other words.. I've got antibiotica!!

    The things which hurt, instruct? What kind of sadist thinks up these things? I just prefer a manual, much clearer.

    Take away my capacity for pain and you rob me of the possibility for joy, Amen Sister!
    You need to experience the low's to fully appreciate the up's. Yep..definitely a good one.

     
  • At 5:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They don't know what it's like to wake up feeling ill and get better as the day progresses."

    - Dean Martin -

     

Post a Comment

<< Home